Monday, May 17, 2010

Key Oklahoma Bombing Witness Denied Access to Attorneys Fears for Life

From http://www.infowars.com/key-oklahoma-bombing-witness-denied-access-to-attorneys-fears-for-life/

Key Oklahoma Bombing Witness Denied Access to Attorneys Fears for Life






Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
May 17, 2010

David Hammer, the death row inmate who authored two books on the Oklahoma City bombing, was locked down by prison officials following his interview last week on the Alex Jones Show.
Margaret Roberts, a journalist who wrote the preface to Hammer’s 2004 book Secrets Worth Dying For: Timothy James McVeigh and the Oklahoma City Bombing, contacted Alex Jones today.

“David Hammer has been locked down by prison officials, who are investigating alleged security violations relating to his interview with Alex,” writes Roberts. “David believes these actions represent the federal government’s effort to silence him for reopening the Oklahoma City Bombing case. In the email, he reports on an ominous incident over the weekend in which prison officials tried to take him out of his cell for an unscheduled ‘medical visit.’ Hammer suspects he never would have returned from said visit. He refused to go.”
A number of people connected to the Oklahoma City bombing have mysteriously died, including Oklahoma City police officers, Terrance Yeakey, Gordon Martin and Ken Griffin, a number of Oklahoma City firefighters, Dr. H. Don Chumley, G.S.A. employee Mike Loudenslager and others.
On April 20, Alex Jones talked with Jane Graham, a ninth floor survivor of the Murrah federal building bombing. Graham spotted Timothy McVeigh at the building on several occasions prior to the bombing. Graham also witnessed mysterious men inside the Murrah building and in the parking garage. “I am utterly convinced the ATF and the FBI are involved in the bombing of that building,” she told Red Dirt Reporter.
A d v e r t i s e m e n t
");
//]]>-->

During the May 14 telephone interview from death row at the Terre Haute prison in Indiana, Hammer provided details on his relationship with Timothy McVeigh and McVeigh’s account of government involvement in his recruitment and perpetration of the bombing.
“This is extraordinary human drama: a prisoner defying the federal government, which holds his life in its hands, over the right to tell the truth about one of the darkest days in American history,” Roberts continues.
She says the interview with Alex Jones created significant activity on the “Deadly Secrets” website and renewed interest in Hammer’s revelations.
See the entire interview with Hammer here.

She includes the following email sent to her by David Hammer:

This email was marked 3:55PM May 17, 2010 through the computer system at USP Terre Haute
Subject: Get the word out
Well it’s official yours truly is in the shit again! I was informed at 1:00 P.M. today that I am officially under investigation for posing a threat to the security of the institution all because of the Radio Interview I did with Alex Jones on Friday, May 14, 2010. For those of you who haven’t heard the interview it’s on Facebook, and several other places on the web. I’m told by those who have immediate control over me that my legal calls to my attorneys [...] have been suspended. I have no doubt that my social calls and e-mail access will be terminated soon as well.
It appears as if the federal government is intent on trying to keep me quiet about the Oklahoma City Bombing. I’m afraid that they may be planning to try and shut me up for good. Early in the a.m. shortly after midnight (May 17, 2010) the unit officer came by my cell to inform me that I was going to be going on a medical trip and to refrain from eating or drinking. Since I’m not scheduled for any such trip I respectfully declined to go on any such trip. It would be an easy thing for some guard to say I attempted to escape after he had shot me. No, I’m not paranoid, and those of you who know me well know this to be true. I don’t however put anything past some people within the Department of Justice and other governmental agencies.
I’m told that I am going to be transferred to an isolation cell here on the unit. I don’t know for certain as no written or official word has been given to me yet. What I know comes from the officers working the unit. About five minutes ago, my Counselor, John Edwards brought me some legal mail and when I ask him if this was all because of the Alex Jones Interview, he said “I shouldn’t have to tell you this.” When I explained to him that according to the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit’s en banc [a French term meaning "on a bench" used to refer to the hearing of a legal case where all judges of a court will hear the case] opinion, I am allowed to do telephone interviews and I’m allowed to conduct conference calls with my attorneys, Mr. Edwards stated “You’ll have to take that up with someone above my pay grade.” Well, so far I’ve not seen anyone else in any position of authority.
I attempted to place several telephone calls on the inmate telephone line to alert y’all to my situation, but wasn’t able to get the calls to go through. Kept getting a recording saying you have reached mail box——— I’ve not yet been told if this is the Bureau of Prisons intercepting the calls or what. Usually they are only allowed to take such action after disciplinary action has been litigated in the institutional system.

I want to get the word out to Alex Jones, Scott Horton, and online via all avenues. I can’t blog if they take away my e-mail access, so I need those of you in a position to do so to do it for me. I encourage Warden Helen J. Marberry’s e-mail address and telephone number be placed online. The more people who protest what is happening the better. Those of you in a position to do Alex Jones show and to cover this situation the better. There is still a First Amendment in this country and while prison officials may be able to stop me from speaking out, they can’t stop y’all.
I want to send this on now in hopes that it will reach you all before they stop my e-mails from going out.
Just so everyone knows, I am not planning to kill myself or do anything else stupid. If I end up dead it’s for speaking the truth and nothing more.
In Solidarity,
David Paul HammerFederal Death Row

No comments: