Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Wisconsin: The End of Denial in America

http://blackagendareport.com/content/wisconsin-end-obama-ism

There's nothing left to be said, GF, than "thanks"*.  I get hopeful watching the video of the Madison Wisc. capitol footage on DemocracyNow earlier this week (from weekend coverage that was NOT mentioned on corporate, in which I include NPR, unless you call it National Pentagon Radio - proof today as one of the "sponsors" of NYC in "ad" called support is Intrepid war machine, retired, called "museum") http://www.democracynow.org/.
The hopeful part for me is the young.  And, as an oldster, I did enjoy seeing old folks among the young.  On one station on weekend, I heard a caller take a "host" to task on the radio show as I spun the dial, that of course it was peaceful - viz. there were wheelchair users in the crowd (which warms my wheelie heart).
It's funny, if one has a Kurt Vonnegut kind of sense of humor for the absurd (or Lenny Bruce-like), that the few "liberal" Democrat supporter radio show hosts have to carefully as can berate the Republican policies, e.g. cuts, while ignoring that Obama is proposing the same cuts.  I like GF's distiction about degree.
Another hopeful thing for me is that it's local/state wide make it easier for folks to participate: near(er) home than go to D.C.  The state legislators who are going out-of-state to avoid quorum are doing great stuff - giving people time and information on what's in the horrific Republican legislation.
It's process....process....democracy is process and egads, I'm hopeful. *and I found a bit to say, chuckle.



No comments: