Friday, October 09, 2009

Pro Life Apologetics

PRO-ABORTION ARGUMENT:
"Every woman should have control over her own body. Reproductive freedom is a basic right."




PRO-LIFE ANSWER:
Even Prochoicers must acknowledge that the "right to control one's body" argument has no validity if the unborn is a human being.

Prochoice philosopher Mary Anne Warren admits:

The fact that restricting access to abortion has tragic side effects does not, in itself, show that the restrictions are unjustified, since murder is wrong regardless of the consequences of prohibiting it; and the appeal to the right to control one's body, which is generally construed as a property right, is at best a rather feeble argument for the permissibility of abortion. Mere ownership does not give me the right to kill innocent people whom I find on my property, and indeed I am apt to be held responsible if such people injure themselves while on my property. It is equally unclear that I have any moral right to expel an innocent person from my property when I know that doing so will result in his death.

No comments: