Monday, June 02, 2008

Global Warming: Hypocrisy of the Alarmists

From http://www.bloggernews.net/115995


 


Global Warming: Hypocrisy of the Alarmists


Lawrence Meyers
Blogger News Network
Monday, June 2, 2008


I was arguing with this guy named Doug a few weeks ago. He’s one of these Global Warming Alarmists (GWA) who has publicly stated on many occasions that (I’m paraphrasing), “Global warming will cause the extinction of manking within our lifetime unless we do something about it”. I’m not kidding. That’s what he believes.


So I said, “Wow. That sounds serious. What are you doing about it”?


He replied, “I recycle and I carpool”.


“Wait a second,” I say, “That’s it? The Apocalypse is upon us and all you do is recycle cans and bottles, and carpool?”


“Well,” he stammered, “What do you do?”


“Dude, I’m not the one who said the Apocalypse is upon us”.


(Article continues below)






He then attacked me over and over for not taking the global warming situation seriously.


The hypocrisy of the GWA’s, including their Grand Poo-Bah Al Gore, befuddles me. If Doug truly believes we are all going to die from global warming, then why isn’t he committing every waking second to forestalling the End Times? The guy is a writer, by the way, so even he should know that when you set up stakes as great as the literal future of mankind, your hero (himself) better pull out all the stops.


Yet all does is recycle, carpool, and accuse me of not taking the matter seriously. Well, why should I when his actions clearly are in opposition to his stated beliefs? The fate of mankind is in his hands!


Frankly, I think both sides in this debate have it all wrong, and it’s because they are aligning themselves with an ideology rather than with reality. Whether global warming is real or not, whether it is man-made or not is totally irrelevant.


The reality of the situation is simple: we should all be good stewards of the earth. The longer we make it last, the longer we as a species will survive. It’s that simple.


And by the way, even if we treat it miserably, we’re still going to be here for a long, long, long time.

No comments: