Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pro Life Apologetics

From This link.



PRO-ABORTION ARGUMENT:
"The circumstances of many women leave them no choice but to have an abortion."



PRO-LIFE ANSWER:
Saying they have no choice is not being prochoice, but proabortion.

One of the greatest ironies of the prochoice movement is that it has left many women feeling they have no choice but abortion. This is because abortion is constantly portrayed as the preferred choice. Having been taught that abortion is the easiest way out of a difficulty, fathers, mothers, boyfriends, husbands, teachers, school counselors, doctors, nurses, media, and peers often pressure the pregnant woman into making a choice that is more theirs than hers. One young woman reflects back on her own pregnancy:

There were plans racing through my mind of where we would live, what we'd name it, what it would look like.....But, on his father's advice of "it'll ruin your life," (my boyfriend) opted for an abortion. I was in shock, so I went along with him when he said that there was no way I could have it alone and that I'd be kicked out of the family.

Reality set in, and the choice was not mine. That's the heartache--the choice was not mine.---it was his, my family's, society's. It was his choice because he would have been the only financial support. It was my family's because of the rejection of me and the unborn. And it was society's because of the poverty cycle I would enter as a teenage mother.

Studies confirm that many women feel pressured into abortions:

Altogether, fully 64% of the aborted women surveyed described themselves as "forced into abortion because of their particular circumstances at that time."....Abortion was simply the most obvious and fastest way to escape from their dilemmas. Over 84% state that they would have kept their babies "under better circumstances."

No comments: