Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Richard Aoki and his friends defend his honor (against the accusation that he is a FBI informant)

This is the link.


Nixakliel September 3, 2012
I’m glad I got a chance to here Fred Ho’s rebuttal / critique to this ‘expose’ of allegations RE Richard Aoki, that was aired on DN! last week. I have to admit that although I’m pretty familiar w the rise of the Black Panthers in the mid 1960s to early 1970s, I was not familiar w Aoki. As I listened to this DN! interview / expose’ on him my impression was that the most explosive allegation was that he was claimed by a FBI SAI guy to be one of his informants. The fact that he supplied Bobby Seale & the Panthers w their first handful of guns seemed it be ho-hum to me because they didn’t claim Aoki was the Panthers main supplier of guns or even a regular supplier of guns thru-out the yrs- nor even that those guns were illegal or originated from the FEDs [IE: That infamous 'Too Fast & Furious' joint op by the FBI / AFT /DEA that has armed Mexican Drug Gangs]. The author claimed was made that he was a long time FBI informant but the author & DN! didn’t say- what if any role Aoki had in setting up some of the many Black Panthers that were framed or out-right slaughtered in COINTELPRO dirty-tricks operations & raids.
Fred Ho puts a whole other spin on what this DN! so-called Aoki FBI informant ‘expose’ was really all about- selling books. Maybe I missed it but I didn’t hear anyone say, not even the woman [an Aoki biographer] who rebutted some of these allegations, that the author’s book was due to be released simultaneous to this DN! interview.
I would say to Dr Ball when he does his critiques on DN! [& some other so-called alternative media]- that though I’ve had some issues w DN! positions on certain things in the past, a big red-flag went up for me RE: DN!’s coverage & position RE: the US / NATO /GCC so-called ‘R2P humanitarian’ assault on Libya last yr! All of DN!’s anti-war / anti US imperialism creds went out the window as DN! consistently & w little debate & rebuttal took the US / NATO line concerning what was happening [or actually not happening] in Libya last yr. And DN! basically doing it again this yr RE: Syria vs the US / NATO / GCC backed so-called SNC / FSA although perhaps not as stridently & blatantly



No comments: