Monday, May 05, 2014

Savant's Words in May 2014

Revolutionaries often read and influence each other. Mao also authored principles of discipline, which included "take no liberties with the women", and take nothing from te people, not even a piece of bread, etc. It also appeared in BPP writings. Whether Mao or Nkrumah issed this first, I don't know. As for Confucianism, which virtually every philosopher on earth has heard of (and which Mao and his revolutionaries critiqueed and denounced unmercifull), it is probably the oldest and most influential philosphical tendency in China--roughly like Platonism in the West. This may surprise you, but I didn't get my degrees in Philosophy from Sears n' Roebuck. I'm certainly not less knowledgeable of Philosphy than Nkrumah or Stokely, and I gather from their writings that in some areas of philosophical research I may even be more informed

-Savant

 ________________

I KNOW African American men who are married to African women, and African American women (including a first cousin) who are married to African men. No need to deny it, or to make a big deal out of it.
-Savant

 ___________________



AFRICAN PHILOSOPHY: ESSENTIAL READING by Tsenay Serequeberhan, a well known brother philosopher from Eritrea. I worked with him for awhile. He has many other works too. I will mention some of them over time

-Savant


 ____________________

I happen to know that Fanon's GLOBAL reputation as a thinker far surpasses that of Kwame Nkrumah. I've yet to meet even one philosopher who thought that Nkrumah was a better philosopher than Fanon. I won't say there aren't any, but I've not met even one. And since I'm in that area, I ought to have heard if thee were MANY philosophers who thought that Nkrumah was the greatest of all Africana philosophers. He is highly regarded, but I don't hear it said that he's the greatest. As for Angela Davis or George Jackson, reference to them is not a distraction since they were Africana thinkers. George Jackson, in particular, saw himself as both an Nkrumahist and a Fanonian. He admired both men as revolutionaries, and highly regarded their insightful critiques of neocolonialism. This is evident both from SOLEDAD BROTHER (his collection of letters) and BLOOD IN MY EYE (his treatise on revolution and revolutionary warfare in which he draws upon Nkrumah and Fanon, as well as Giap and Che Guevarra). So, if George Jackson is a distraction then so is some aspects of the thought of Nkruman, Fanon, and numerous other revolutionary thinkers.

-Savant

_______________


As for Nkrumah, I see him as a great (though also flawed) African leader. It so happens that I am English speaking as were Du Bois, Malcolm X, Martin, Fannie Lou Hamer, Mandela, Angela Davis, Paul Robeson, Richard Wright, Oliver Cox, and numerous other Black men and women who I admire. Others were French speaking, Spanish speaking or even Portuguese speak (like Amilcar Cabral). To assume that I (or probably anyone else) is opposed to Nkrumah because he spoke one colonizer's language rather than another, is idiotic and silly. Lay off the crack, man. As for Fanon, he was a great thinker and probably the greatest African philosopher of the 20th Century. Obviously, some may consider others like Nkrumah or Cabral. So be it. That's not an issue concerning which I will spend much time debating.

-Savant

 ____________________________


It doesn't matter much who the individuial is, nor is that what I had in mind. I don't know even if Clinton is for certain the Democrat candidate or who the Republican will be. They will represent corporate interests. And most likely, the Republican candidate will be as usual even further to the Right than the Democrat.
-Savant

________________________








No comments: