Friday, January 11, 2013

School Privatization

http://blackagendareport.com/content/obamas-race-top-drives-nationwide-wave-school-closings-teacher-firings




____________________




Note by Me: I believe that more than educated blacks get, but blacks from across socioeconomic backgrounds, but I agree with the gist of his point. I do not agree that the LA Lakers is nothing either.

By Timothy (Me)

P.S.S.



I recall predicating that the L.A. Lakers wouldn't be about s_---, guess what? That's my identical prediction for the Progressive/Liberal Movement.
Plus: If Shawty Lo can get paid catering to the vilest, most coarse and most detrimental stereotypes of Blacks, what's yall problem? Shawty makes Stepin Fetchit look like Paul Robeson.
Plus, if Speilberg can win an Oscar for "Lincoln" without any reference to Frederick Douglass, "what's yall problem?" If Tarrentino can capture yall's attention with some sophomoric interpretation of slavery with oodles of gratuitious violence what's yall problem? I mean after all, the "Brother" mowed down them nasty c_______, didn't he?
If "Zero Dark Thirty" can get Negroes cheering the WOT and killing of Blacks and Browns by a M_---- President then it's a wrap. The Oligarchs have won.
Don't yall get it? N_______ are irrelevant, except for solidifying Black stereotypes that White folks love and will carry to their grave embracing.
Go see Ishamel Reed for guidance if you don't understand.
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the_idol_smasher_20121230/
My point is that only 1% of the Black educated class get's this true reality, hence my despair and rationalization for writing off mass action. The Black elites and wanna be elites won't say squat about privitization of public education or the evisceration of social security and the social safety net. The Rethugs made Obama do it, don't yall understand???
Don't yall dare criticize the "Black" president carrying with glee the White Man's water. That be Samuel L. Jackson and Barack Obama, get it?


_________________________________

On an unrelated note: There



On an unrelated note: There used to be a space on BAR homepage showing the number of Facebook fans of the website. Why is it no longer there? It was good to see BAR's growing list of readers


___________________


Bingo! Mr. Dixon. H.New Year.



Sad topic, perfect piece of history/writing/analysis. I'd like to add a word of translation: "special needs" kids= my younger "peeps" - kids with disabilities. Disabled kids are rejected by the charter schools. It's the perversion of destruction of public education, which, as you point out, is relatively new, as is the idea of unions for teachers.
I was proudlly in the first teacher strikes in NYC for the right to have collective bargaining and for a decent first contract, the next year. April 11, 1962, my photo was on the front page of the NY Daily News (and centerfold of the NY Daily Mirror, now gone), holding my sign, "Don't Burn Us Again" (I was a social studies teacher at Joan of Arc, JHS118M, age 22, and my name was Sanda Blum then; I was an elected union delegate from my school to the union strike vote assembly, a brand new United Federation of Teachers. I did not vote for Al Shanker for union president, by the way, who I disliked after listening to him. I voted for the guy who was smeared as a "communist" who had been in the forefront of teacher organizing for a long time.)
I was a Feb. 1960 grad of a NYS teachers college and had been told, "Teachers are professionals and don't need unions." On my first day of teaching, Sept. 1960, I knew that was bullchips.
Welcome back from vacation, Mr. Dixon and BAR. I was waiting patiently for a Bruce Dixon education article. If you notice any increase in readership while you were away, I was posting links to BAR in any relevant article on the Guardian online during the time you all were away (and before).
Parents, kids and teachers are natural allies and will fight and will keep free public education in neighborhoods alive and improve it. A whole separate offshoot is Mayor Bloomberg's assault on public education, closing schools and giving away the buildings, whole or in part to privatization. His last year (finally) as mayor plans a record number of school destructions, more than any other year since he took office. What passes for legislators in the NYS capitol in Albany are being pressured to end "mayoral control" of education that began with Bloomberg. "Mayoral control" is a way to bring the power in education back to pre-1960s....and teachers strikes (as are all public employee strikes) are illegal in NYS since the Taylor Law was passed around 1970 because the strikes were effective.


______________________________


New Year's Resolution: Obama Bots can go to h__-------



For me and all of us it should be as follows:
While it is necessary to have an intelligentsia like BAR and other progressive publications engage in advocacy and polemics, personally I have written off the current crop of Black folks. It's painful to say but pragmatic and practical nonetheless.
By example, I was listening to Tom Joyner/Michael Baisden station here in the "D," and Michelle Obama "called in" to recommend a song, (Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable") as a tribute to her hubby. The Obama's and their White handlers have the American Negro mindset figured out to a "T" and there is nothing any of us can do to stop the onslaught of corporatism due to Negro infatuation and a_----  kissing of Negro Elites.
These folks can lie in the beds they've made. Me? I'm focusing on my own version of capitalism and uplift with those who "get it." Those who don't, and that includes 95% of Black folks, can be left to their own devices.
A downward spiral is ordained and written in stone. It is what it is. And I seek power by my ability to define reality. My reality, not anyone elses.
I'm going to treat them just like I view RG3. If RG3 becomes a NFL footnote because of his arrogance in thinking he and only he can "lead the team" one 1 leg or conversely is too stupid to understand that he's disposable and is positioning himself to become a footnote in NFL history, to h_--  with him. I won't feel sorry for him if he becomes a "one hit wonder." Not wishing that upon him mind you. And to h_----- with Black folks who don't get it. I'll send them "love letters" from Latin America exhorting them on when I become an rich expatriate.
I'm not trying to "convert" one d------- person to the reality they've wrought. Let's face it. The so-called Liberal Movement has engendered it's own issue of "What's the Matter with Kansas," by voting against their self-interests. Let's call it "What's the Matter with Harlem or East L.A."
I for one ain't playing Dr. Phil no mo in an effort to figure it out and answer that question. The ignorance and stupidity is larger than me (or you).
As we say in the legal world: "Govern yourselves accordingly."
P.S.. If Jesse and Al and the NAACP and the Black Caucus can't reach (or choose not to) educate these fools, then who am I???

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We stumbled over here by a different web address and thought
I may as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.

Look forward to going over your web page repeatedly.

http://api.mybuzzboard.com/forums/topic/the-best-way-to-use-a-positive-tuition-tutor/
http://scotnothingtodowithyou.com/index.

php?do=/blog/43051/biology-will-not-be-precisely-the-same-additional-with-web-tuition-tutor/

Here is my weblog: tennis rules