Friday, March 31, 2006

Open Letter to Michael Schiavoby Lisa Guliani

From http://www.wingtv.net/thorn2006/schiavo.html


Open Letter to Michael Schiavo by Lisa Guliani


One year has now passed since the world witnessed the widely televised, willful murder of your “wife” Terri Schindler (Schiavo). Here at WING TV, we called the extended, sensationalized mainstream coverage of the horrific starvation/dehydration process you unrelentingly demanded and ultimately achieved, the “death watch”. All through that terrible time, I watched your face intently, Michael. I watched to see if even one drop of compassion, concern, or love would emerge. I watched your face when you talked about your “wife”. I listened to the dispassionate coldness in your voice, and felt deeply the sting of your words.

In amazement and horror, I found myself trembling as your calculated, heartless motivations and agenda became all too evident – and all too real. My stomach roiled, my heart ached, and my brain refused to truly believe that a human being so completely devoid of feeling such as your self really lives and breathes and walks among us. As the long, heart-shredding, excruciating days of Terri’s starvation slowly passed, the media splashed your face all over my TV screen. And every time you appeared, my blood boiled. Although my brain initially pushed the thought away, you finally convinced me of one simple, yet powerful truth. You are pure evil.

You convinced me, Michael. I’ve tried in the year that’s passed to come to terms with the stabbing pain of realization that consumed me during the agonizing “death watch” circus. Time has not allowed me the luxury of forgetting. I am having to deal with another brutal reality as we mark the day you murdered your wife. The reality is that I do not forgive you. I’m told I should forgive you, but my mere human brain refuses. My heart recoils at the very thought. I guess this is something I will have to work out with God. A year has come and gone, and I still can't adequately express in words the repugnance and seething disgust I feel toward you with every cell in my body. The other day I was in a bookstore and there it was, front and center: your “book”. The sight of it made me want to vomit. It disturbed me to the point of fury. God will have to forgive you, Michael, because I simply cannot.How relieved were you when she finally drew her last breath? Did you thank her for dying, you selfish, unfeeling bastard? Are you proud of what you’ve done? Has exploiting Terri even in death paid off as lucratively as you dreamed it would?

Do you ever see her face when you close your eyes at night, Michael? Does she whisper “murderer” in your ear? I hope so.It chills me to live with the fact that I, along with millions of other people around the world, failed to stop you. We allowed this murder to pass. Living with that truth shames me, and will forever haunt me. I can only hope a splinter of conscience haunts you for the rest of your days on this earth, with every step and at every turn in the road, with every breath, every drink of water, and every single crumb you ingest. There has been no justice for Terri Schindler Schiavo, nor for the family she left behind, the ones who genuinely loved her and fought for her life. You have literally gotten away with murder in this life. You know it, I know it, and the world knows it.It is a small comfort to me to know that God also watched and knows what you’ve done. God didn’t save Terri from your brand of evil, but He too will not forget. There is some cosmic lesson here that will be taught, and I do believe, Michael Schiavo, that in time you will be forced to confront the monster you are, the evil you have perpetrated, and the eternal punishment you well deserve. I shudder for your soul, for mine, and for the soul of humanity.

No comments: