Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cal’s Comments: R.I.P. Pro-Life Hero Dick Ulbrich; Join Us To Fight For Colorado Unborn; Stand/Pray In Front Of Your Local Death Mill

From http://www.theamericanview.com/index.php?id=1034&PHPSESSID=0e753a7d4c3d7abc1e23d35ecee02a7e

Cal’s Comments: R.I.P. Pro-Life Hero Dick Ulbrich; Join Us To Fight For Colorado Unborn; Stand/Pray In Front Of Your Local Death Mill


Cal Zastrow, his wife Trish, and their four children are Christian missionaries to preborn children. They spend their lives ministering on the streets, in churches, in schools, and sometimes in jails and courtrooms (due to unjust arrests for their peaceful ministries). Cal is the Chairman of Michigan Citizens for Life and also is a volunteer consultant on pro-life “personhood” ballot initiatives and pro-life campaigns around the nation.
By Cal Zastrow

I am shouting GLORY all the way! Holiness unto the Lord!

MARCH 13, 2008
CAL STREET PREACHES in Philadelphia.Another white cross will be raised over the grave of another WWII veteran today. With full military honors, the remains of Dick Ulbrich will be laid to rest in Dayton National Cemetery in Ohio. He died at age 86 last week in his nursing home. My wife, four children, and I attended his memorial service three days ago in Colorado.

Before he became a bombadier in a B-24 over Germany, he took an oath to defend the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic. He meant that oath and kept it for over sixty years. He was still in the U.S. Air Force Reserve as a Colonel when American enemies began murdering American children in “abortion clinics.”

As a born-again Christian, as an American patriot, he knew his duty. He went out to the fields of battle where the slaughters were occurring. He didn’t just talk pro-life, he acted pro-life. He practiced the historic Christian principle of peaceful interposition - placing himself between an aggressor and an innocent victim. Neither pro-life position papers, regulations, nor helpful thoughts mean anything to the child about to be murdered in an “abortion clinic.”

Col. Ulbrich sat down in front of the doors of many American death camps to prevent moms from entering and murdering their children. He did it alone and with others. He was arrested and jailed over 30 times for saving the lives of innocent children.

DICK ULBRICH is shown here with a couple of Colorado pro-lifers in 2005.I met him in the asbestos-filled dungeon of the Niagara Street Armory in Buffalo, New York, during Operation Rescue National’s “Spring of Life” in 1992. Almost 200 men, rescuers, were crowded together in that filthy basement for the first nine days before we were chained and shipped to various jails. To a man, all have said that those days together were the best church meetings of our lives. The poisonous air, dirt, blasphemous taunts from the police captain, lack of sleep, and lack of access to bathrooms at times, bonded us together in united suffering.

The conditions were uncomfortable on us younger men, but painful on the elderly. While the attorneys were trying to get us all out, we prayed, sang, preached, shared, and encouraged one another for those 24 days. The confusion of not knowing what all was being done to bring us before a judge added to the burden. I remember talking to Dick while he was hungry, tired, and feeling poorly. Instead of complaining, he humbly replied, “I’ll be a good soldier. “What a man.

He often used his personal vacations and leaves from the military to rescue and serve his jail time. Sometimes he dressed up in a grim-reaper costume and stood in front of death pits. Many of us rescuers knew the encouragement and support that came from Dick while we were persecuted and imprisoned.

After breaking his pelvis and then his hip, he lived with physical pain. His greater pain was not being able to serve the Lord more effectively on the front-lines. He told visiting pro-lifers how he longed to get out of his nursing home and return to the streets to rescue more babies. He wanted to help get the Colorado Human Life Amendment on the Colorado ballot for this November [link to coloradoforequalrights.com] A local pro-lifer recalled his recent visit, how he told Dick of the babies saved that week outside of the Planned Parenthood butcher chamber in Denver. With fire in his soul, Dick exclaimed: “Wheel me out there!”

May God put into my heart and yours the love for Jesus that translates into rescuing innocent children from America’s death pits.

FEBRUARY 22, 2008
Revival greetings from the “West Slope” of Colorado. My family and I are not skiing. We are petitioning to get the Colorado Human Life Amendment on the November ballot. Being as the civil government fails at their primary duty, to protect innocent persons from murder, we are volunteering and collecting ballot-access signatures until May 13th to place the following sentence into the State Constitution: “As used in Section 3,6, and 25 of Article II of the State Constitution, the terms ‘person’ or ‘persons’ shall include any human being from the moment of fertilization.”

Prayer, evangelism, education, sidewalk-counseling, rescuing, street-preaching,picketing, etc., are effective at opposing the murder of pre-born children. We participate in all of them!

Besides being invited to attend and petition at the northwest sectional council of the Rocky Mountain District of the Assemblies of God this afternoon and evening, signatures were gathered outside of the local post office and convention center. Although the postmaster angrily told me not to talk to people on the post office steps or entrance ramp, he didn’t call the police like he was threatening. He “allowed me to be on the sidewalk” but came out a second time to try to put me in my place.

I calmly looked at him and respectfully called his bluff by inviting him to call the police. The police never came. On the public sidewalk outside of the convention center, people were arriving for some sort of energy convention. Whatever. People were coming and going, and half of them were signing my petition. The first security guard approached me and respectfully asked what I was up to. I showed him my petition and explained it. “Oh, okay,” he shrugged before wandering around the block some more.

The second security guard, Tim, showed up shortly thereafter. He shook my hand and asked if I had permission from the event organizer to “be there.” I politely explained petitioning, free speech, and right-of-way sidewalks before he cocked his eyebrow and went inside. It didn’t take him long to come back out, but he did show some manners by waiting until an elderly gentleman was finished signing before telling me to leave and that the city attorney was on the phone with the event organizer.

Although not rude or sarcastic to him, I kept petitioning, and people kept signing. I did move a bit when a woman in a radio station van drove up on the sidewalk to park there. Great! Her van created a funnel so more people walked by me. Two police cruisers parked on the side of the building. The officers never talked to me as they swaggered into the building wearing sunglasses. At my quick glance, I noticed the huge night stick swinging. The other officer had the tazer model “street-preacher-getter.” (Just kidding about the name.) They eventually left without bothering me, for which I was thankful. Although the campaign could sure use the free publicity from an unjust arrest, I’m happy not to be in the Mesa County Jail tonight.

One woman challenged me about her “choice” and my reasons for opposing it. “Ma’am, I’m peacefully and respectfully caring for my neighbors and trying to protect every innocent person by love and by law.”

Because I didn’t call her names or argue, she listened, showed me pictures of her two sons, and asked for prayer. She signed the petition and thanked me for helping her to understand. This struggling single mom more than made up for the grumpy postmaster and security guards.

I really enjoy talking to people about Jesus. Petitioning sure opens the door for me to do a lot of that. What about you? You have my personal invitation to come out here to help the first State to stop protecting pre-born children to become the first State to constitutionally recognize their personhood and end the slaughter. Better yet, go stand and pray in front of your local death mill. Ask God to break your heart with what breaks His heart. Ask God to put in your heart His love and compassion for these condemned orphans and their mothers.

Thankfully, the seven pastors and dozens of believers I talked to tonight understand this and signed up to help with the petition drive and be more involved in pro-life ministry. Four pastors took enough brochures and petitions to try to get the other churches in their towns active as well. When the Church of Jesus Christ really pushes, this gate of hell, child-sacrifice, will not prevail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank God!! One less radical fighting against people's constitutional rights. Let's hope Cal isn't far behind (from natural causes, of course).