Thursday, June 07, 2012

Black People being Oppressed and Discriminated against in Israel

http://blackagendareport.com/content/black-migrants-white-israel

Note by Me:

There is one name of one person involved in this mess:

Eli Yishai


Remember this name since he's one person involved in the racism against my people, so he is definitely an enemy of the black people. If a man harms my people, that man is my enemy. Now, it should be noted that some Israelis (and many Jewish people) oppose this bigotry against black Africans, so I want to make that clear. 




By Timothy


________-



NOW A FEW YEARS AGO THE

Now a few years ago the website Africana was deactivated and wiped off the internet map when they reported on these incidents of racism by Israeli citizens in the early 2000's. The editor in chief Phillipe Wamba died in a car accident in Tanzania (not many details came forth about that incident) and then in short order Africana was bought by AOL and became Black Voices. Black Voices was recently added to the Huffington Post lineup which is also owned by AOL. Today if you type in the url africana [dot] come, you will be redirected to THAT other site. I will allow you to draw your own conclusions. These are indeed facts about the site.
I have to say that its about time that this is getting the exposure that it deserves. I also want to say just because these particular whites are Jewish, doesn't mean they aren't racists. I believe that the Jewish ideology makes them moreso because they believe that they are 'Chosen' by God and everything should go their way and that they are never wrong.
Great piece!

_____________


LIKUDNIKS / AIPACERS LOVE PLAYING THE ANTI-SEMITE_HOLOCAUST CARD

As if {white} Jews can't also be racist bigots. This race riot was stoked by racist rhetoric from Hard core Israeli Gov't Officials- not just ordinary street thug bigots.
So these folks are having a fit over 50,000-60,000 African asylum seekers, YET have absorbed 1,200,000 - 1,500,000 Russians [= 1/5th of Israel's population] over the past 15 - 20 yrs- as the article notes- half of whom don't even pretend to be Jewish [FYI: Also in recent yrs Israeli Gov't policy is to phase out immigration of bona-fide JEWS from Ethiopia]. And its common knowledge in Israel that Russian mafia elements are involved in couterfeiting & international drug & prostitution trafficing rings. Plus A few yrs ago some Russian youth w full Israelis status- even painted Swastikas on a Jerusalem Synagogue. Yet Russian's have NOT seen any-where near this kind of venomous hatred. 
Also note-worthy is the fact that most of the victims of Israel's race-riots are Sudanese- Yet South Sudan was cheering & waving Israelis & US flags as their supposed 'best friends' & supporters RE: S.Sudan's protracted war of so-called 'independence vs Khartoum's Gov't [w friend's like these...].
And I see that the US' Lame-stream media has generally failed to even mention this story. 

_____________________



MY COMMENT.

I comment because I have recently posted that I am a Jew.  No doubt, some will be expecting a comment, so I will for that reason.  Israeli and Jew, as in Jews  around the world, are not interchangable.  Shocked by the vitriol, as the author puts it.  Yet, being 72, a lifelong observer, I have watched as from the outside, growing up in Brooklyn, moving to Manhattan, spending 2 years (and it seemed so long) in NOLA working for a civil rights law office, while first spouse worked as a community organizer in the antipoverty program,  (why we went down), then one in Denver - always the observer.  I took heat in NOLA from a visiting Black Nationalist for being a Jew, who I met in the CORE office, adjacent to the LCDC office where I worked pt time.  He was pissed at me for Israel policy, in 1967.  I didn't learn about Israel until Noam Chomsky and Phyllis Bennis forced me, their work, to look, in the early 1990s(mostly WBAI -Note: I supportwww.takebackwbai.org.   (I be short as the workers are about to start drilling and hammering on the outer walls of my building, the new way to raise rents for rent stabilized while harrassing us, and the noise will make thinking even harder than illnesss),  - one thought I have had for many months:  If it is true that, being born a Jew means I have the "right of return" (to Israel, where I've never been), I have decided that I would turn over that "right of return" to a Palestinian so she could return - would it be allowed?  I make the gesture, rather than "turn it in" as some American Jews have done in protest.
     My grandmother, Bubbie in Yiddish, who I mentioned in an earlier comment recenlty, brought over as many relatives as she could between the time she got here from Warsaw near 1910, until it was too late, people crowded in her various tenement apartments around Manhattan, with her kids, as she worked her pushcart, etc.  Her last friend, made when she had to move out of her Borough Park, Bklyn apartment, to a studio apartment in Flatbush, was an African-American woman, a retired social worker.  My wonderful grandmother, who said you couldn't be rich by honest means, died wihout leaving anything, other than a chair that had been my grandfather's (zadie, in Yiddish, a stepgrandfather, but the  one I knew and adored) and a sense of justice, in 1968.  She hoped Israel would be a refuge for Jews, having knowledge of the pain of WWII. 


No comments: