Thursday, August 02, 2012

Romney and the “Culture” of White Supremacy

http://blackagendareport.com/content/romney-and-%E2%80%9Cculture%E2%80%9D-white-supremacy


______________

On Romney, Moynihan-



I've been waiting for someplace to put this since hearing Phyllis Bennis speak about Romney's trip to Israel on Hugh Hamilton's "Talk Back" WBAI show a day or two ago. (Yes, I support www.takebackwbai.org). When I heard the Romney soundbite quote about Jews being better with money, which Bennis pointed out was the old stereotype about Jews, my thought was: Right wingers (and Christian fundamentalists) love Israel, hate Jews. (Goal is to get all the Jews to Israel so the "end times" can come,etc.)
Nobody mentioned that the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) practise of making the dead of all groups into Mormon saints. I learned about it when a friend, a religious Catholic, told me she was very upset when she went to the Ellis Island registry to look up her grandparents and discovered that the Mormons, who created the project, do it so they have the names and make the dead from the Ellis Island registry into Mormon saints. I was amused that my friend was so upset. My Jewish grandmother would only laugh if she knew she'd been made a Mormon saint.
Europeans have been making a mess everywhere. I recently heard a guy on an NPR show say that there were benefits to Columbus' New World findings...tortured logic.
On Moynihan: his views became destructive policies in NYC, such as with welfare and public housing, if my memory is correct on the specifics. The justification for meanness in our society is an old, terrible story:blame the victim, while stealing from the poor, from the society to give to the rich...

_________________________



 

No comments: